Friday, January 27, 2012

An introduction...participation #1

Hello everyone! My name is Jerry Adkins and I am a senior majoring in
anthropology. My main areas of focus are the anthropology of food and urban anthropology. I'm originally from Chicago, but have called Madison home for almost eleven years now. I love everything about food; studying ethnic cuisines, cooking, eating, sharing meals with friends and loved ones. I also enjoy gaming, (both video games and board games) music, reading, riding my motorcycle, and traveling. I am most likely the "old guy" of the class. The first picture is eighteen year old me after I graduated from Air Force basic training in October of 1990. The second picture is thirty nine year old me taken a week ago at an electronic music event here in Wisconsin. My age will most likely be helpful when discussing the historical aspect of this class, but may hinder me as we discuss more modern topics and perspectives. I am looking forward to participating in these discussions with all of you. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment