Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rifkin- Blog#2 Internet Clip Reaction

I thought that the video did as good a job as possible explaining the origins of the internet despite the large amount of acronyms and foreign terms. The graphics were especially effective in showing how the internet works, however as the clip went on, I understood the process less and less. I appreciate that they mentioned how the term "internet" was invented because I love finding out the origin to words we use everyday. I also like the mention of the Soviets because in many of my previous classes there has always been a history of technological competition between the U.S. and the Soviets and it just goes to show the internet was no different. Finally, it is no surprise that the Internet was seen as another way to make money even though its origin implied it was meant to make communicating information quicker and more efficient. Overall, the video did a great job introducing the topic and left me interested to see how what started as an information-based engine is now a force of life in our generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment