Monday, January 30, 2012

Video Reaction

This animated doc was pretty suave! Formally, the simple graphics were sleek and easy to understand. The narrator's authoritative English accent made the voiceover very convincing - but I'm still going to try to absorb this information critically. I also like how the first comment underneath is "RIP after SOPA." Who knows how the history of the internet is about to change thanks to those two bills.
As far as the textual content goes, this is all new information to me - except that the internet was a military project. I'd heard that before. Think tanks are scary! I am not a techy person and know 0.00% about how computers actually work, so all that talk about "gateways" and such didn't really click in my head. I was hoping this brief history would be more about the evolution of the theories behind the internet, such as how Marshall McLuhan theorized how the internet would work (as in social media and your personal info being available online) way back in the 1950s. It's almost like how Jules Verne dreamed up technologies that a hundred years later were developed.

No comments:

Post a Comment