I really enjoyed the short youtube video because it was so clear and to the point. There were a few points in lecture that I didn't really understand, and this video really cleared it up for me in using simple graphics to explain how the interent works. Also, I might be the only one who didn't really know this, but it was interesting to see how the terms "networking" that we use loosely for Facebook, was an actual term referencing the networking between computers.
Like the video says, I think that we take the Interent for granted now, and I think that the Internet develops in a speed so fast that we don't really realize that it is actually advancing. The video was a great way to really look back into how the Interent started and what purpose it was for back then. While I was watching this video, I remembered what my uncle told me a while back. He was the person who dealt with the computer when he was in the military (don't know what they called it exactly back then...) and he had told me that the machines were so big and so heavy. Like the video said, the rooms had to be ventilated and kept at a certain temperature, and the room was filled with big computers that could only be operated by certain professionals. Compared to the Macbook Airs we have now, I think that it's a huge development not only for the Internet (like wireless), but also for the actual machines as well.
Overall, I think it was a clear video that helped my understanding of different terms such as packet switching. Like this class, I think that the video was a good way to look back at the history of the Internet.
No comments:
Post a Comment