Monday, March 26, 2012

Casey Rifkin Blog #5

Copyrights really bother me. I think the internet is simply just too massive at this point to try and have a functioning system where people are paying for what they are viewing or using every single time. There have definitely been times when I have been so desperate to watch a season finale I missed that I used questionably-copyrighted things- and I never feel guilty. It's true that "stealing" something on the internet does not feel the same mentally in either situation. Considering there is still a large gap of people who have access to high-speed internet and even computers for that matter, only a select group of people even have the ability to exploit the power of the internet. The majority of people still follow normal, legal means of attaining copyrighted things.  With that said, it is an extremely thin line on the internet these days and I cannot fathom how things are going to change. I have never come into copyright problems unless I have sought things out and I don't feel as though copyrights have affected my experiences online in a memorable way.

No comments:

Post a Comment