Thursday, March 29, 2012

Johnson--Practicum Post #2

Creating My Profile

The nest step in really becoming a member of the TasteOfHome.com forum was to fill out my profile.

I spent some time looking at other members' profiles to see what the norms were for this community and to see what people talked about. Turns out many members are really open about their lives, while others either don't have a profile filled out or have very generic answers. I decided to go somewhere in the middle by filling out all the parts I had experience with, but I didn't add anything too personal. It felt weird to be making a profile for a community where I don't know anyone. Hopefully I'll be able to comment in groups that I have similarities with or can relate to. With the various groups available I'm sure it'll happen. My next goal is to make 'friends' on the forum, but I'm not sure what other members may think of my profile, or current low participation in the forum. I'm not sure what people look for in order to accept a friend request, guess I'll find out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment