
The first thing that popped up when I Googled myself was a serious of pictures I had recently taken with my camera phone. I intern at a Wildlife center so all of the pictures were of animals. Typical.
What surprised me a bit was that my Facebook came up first on my Google search list. I have a Google+ account and I would assume that Google would cue up their social network above their biggest competitor. After my Facebook was my LinkedIn, then my Twitter and then something called MyLife. It wouldn't let me access it further without creating an account, but it did tell me my hometown. I would find this creepy if I didn't openly post it on Facebook and Google+. After that was a list of posts that I had made on Google+. This makes a lot of sense to me and actually makes me feel more in control of what comes up if someone ever cared to Google search me. Further down the line is an article written about me for volunteering at Henry Vilas Zoo.
After this I am finding random results that don't relate to me, but in the mass of randomness I did find a posting on a softball game that I played when I was 12 years old. I got 2 RBIs. Sweet.
As for the pictures, there were a good number of them that were actually photos of me. What I found most interesting is that there were a lot of pictures that I had taken on here at well. I wonder if I can see those because they are saved on my Google+ or if everyone can see it because they are loaded into my account. If everyone could see it, that seems to me like a breach of privacy, because I only post pictures that I like or thing that other people would find interesting in seeing and I wouldn't like if that control was taken away from me.
Overall, my Google search was puled up information I was expecting, but because I have a Google+ account I feel like a lot more of my postings and pictures were shared than before I had the account.
No comments:
Post a Comment