Sunday, March 4, 2012
Plzak Practicum Post 1
For this practicum project, I will be looking at online support groups. In my research, I have found that people join online support groups for several reasons. Some reasons are to find people who can relate to you, to find information, to find sympathy, to search for answers, and even talk to professionals. Online support groups vary in size from only 10 people to thousands of people. Both ranges of the spectrum offering a varied amount of benefits. One benefit to online support groups is that people can send a message out into the world at any time of the day, even at 4:15 in the morning. Another benefit to online support groups is that when people are anonymous they may feel more comfortable sharing more intimate details of their problems. For this project I will be specifically looking at a Relationship support group. I picked this group because it had thousands of members and there appeared to be a wide variety of topics. I may compare this group in the future to one that only has a few members, in order to see how conversations differ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment