Monday, March 26, 2012

Turner Blog Post #5

For the most part I think copyrights affect the online experience in good and bad ways. Once, I accidentally downloaded either a Tracy Morgan interview or an episode of 30 Rock and was sent a notice from my cable/internet provider Charter. I didn't see that one coming at all but for the most part, things like this just make me a little more cautious about what I download and where I download from. I think that in making responsible for internet and cable providers to monitor their customers uses, it makes customers not completely honest but maybe a little more on in the internet. I think this is good because these industries are probably taking back any customers they can, and some probably will choose to buy rather than get it for free. The bad thing about copyright laws especially with the internet is what seems like the ease with which they can be circumvented. I'm not too tech or net savvy but every time they shut a site down, another one is up within a short period of time, they just seem to feed the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment