This week I watched a Youtube video and a Hulu video. In order to make the experiences as similar as possible, I decided to watch a Saturday Night Live clip for each. On hulu I watched, "Saturday Night Live: Titanic" and on Youtube I watched Saturday Night Live:
As expected, my experiences were pretty different. On Hulu, before the clip started there was an advertisement for NBC. Immediately after the clip ended there was an advertisement/commercial for Geico playing. More videos were suggested, but only 3-all different Saturday Night Live clips. There was a space for discussion, but only one person had commented. There was also space for review, but nobody had reviewed it.
When watching the clip on Youtube, my primary problem was finding a full clip. When I searched for Saturday Night Live Kim Kardashian divorce, many other clips that just had the audio, or pictures of the sketch came up. I had to try 5 different links before I found the actual clip which was definitely frustrating. The good news is, however, that there was no advertisements. There was space for comments, of which there were many. You could also like or dislike the clip (there were 49 like and 2 dislikes). Finally there were many more suggested videos, about 20, and they were not all Saturday Night Live clips.
The main difference I found was that Hulu was more organized but far more advertisement based where as the clips on YouTube were clearly posted by users (not the website owners) but opinions were more encouraged.
No comments:
Post a Comment