Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jamie Plzak Practicum #4

Recently I started looking at what other options www.supportgroup.com has for support along with the forum postings.  I was surprised to see that you can search your state, then your city, and find what in-person support groups were happening in your area.  I, of course looked at Madison and found that we have Sex Addicts Anonymous meetings and Gambling anonymous meetings.

The website also offers different online tests that help users determine if they are truly depressed, anxious, have social anxiety, OCD, etc.  I decided to take the depression test and found that most questions looked as posted above.  My results were slightly confusing.  I am not depressed according to the test, though I scored a 5%...which I do not know what that means.  Although it is nice that the test is offered, it is clear to see what type of answer indicate depression and the results are extremely vague.

No comments:

Post a Comment