By now, I have become an active member in this
community. As a matter of fact, I have
now gone over my required 15 hours and given/received a lot of feedback on many
posts. One section of the forum that I
have become active on is the Music Video Board section.
I do
not consider myself an active member in the Latino music community, so coming
here to get my fix of music I don’t get to hear every day is a great feeling. Since discovering this section of the forum,
I make sure to check in every day so that I can see or learn of the up and
coming music from my favorite Latino artists.
Surprisingly, a lot of music good music has come out these past few
years that I have been up here in Wisconsin.
I also make sure to tell the ones who are posting to keep feeding this
good music to me. I sometimes feel like I’m
trolling though because I don’t contribute anything to this board. I mean I would if I knew of some good music,
but I think my lack of knowledge in Latin music gives me a free pass on
this.
What I
find interesting about this board is how far we have come along since the
beginning of the Web 2.0 era. Before it,
we were not able to upload videos as easy as we are able to today. People on this video board can even post
multiple videos on their post; I don’t even think I know how to do that. That just shows you that even within the community
there is a digital divide.

I don't know if that is the right use of the term "digital divide." You're pointing out that some users of the messageboards know how to upload videos, and you don't know how to. But it's not a digital divide if you all have the same access to the messageboard. You are not being "divided" from the community because you can't upload a video; if you wanted to figure it out, you have equal access to it.
ReplyDelete