Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Goodman: Blog Post #7

Over the course of a day, it was pretty amazing to recognize how many computers and pieces of technology I interacted with. There were the basics, such as my computer, television, iPhone and iPod. But as I mentally kept my tally going I ran into others I wouldn't notice as clearly like my xbox, laundry machine, printer, and getting swiped in at the SERF.

The point of this exercise was clearly to take a moment and really think about how much our lives are surrounded by technology. After paying close attention to it for a day, its amazing how it has become involved in so many moments of our lives. What's even more interesting is how subtle some of it is. Without thinking, we'd hardly even notice it. It has all just become so natural to our lifestyles that to function without some of it we would not be able to accomplish some of our most frequently done and simple tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment