iPhone app vs. Notebook? Touchscreen interface:
The first time I used Foursquare, I was really surprised at how easy it was to use. I’ve come across many different apps like Instagram or Foursquare that was connected to Facebook (my friends had linked their location through Foursquare or something), so the name Foursquare was familiar, but it was nonetheless very easy to use. I looked through the site first before downloading the app (just going through different internet sites for research), but it was very awkward using the internet site. It’s not like I’m going to take my notebook around to me in different places (and not all places have wireless), although I did use my notebook to check into places where my 3G connection was low (like in Vilas building or Humanities where I had my notebook ready to go). Anyway, overall, my first experience with Foursquare was really easy to use. The basic feature of checking into different places was straight forward and I even created my own venue of my own apartment room in Lucky!
Basically, to sum everything up, the touchscreen interface made it pretty easy for me to figure out the rules of the game for Foursquare and rules (point values) pretty quickly. I have to admit though, I spent the last hour going to sleep checking into 5 different venues on my bed... Nonetheless, experimenting was short and easy and I'm kind of looking forward to checking into actual places. With the billions of subscribers Foursquare has already, I'm wondering if everyone is still on? OR is it like MySpace that still boasts of their member size... but their members are not present?
I'm interested to see what foursquare would be for me.
I'm interested to see what foursquare would be for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment