Monday, January 30, 2012

Participation 1 - Worth

There was a LOT of information squeezed into this video. I found that I had to watch it several times before I could grasp everything the narrator was describing to us. I really enjoyed the way in which the info was presented with the cartoons and I thought it was very well put together, I just wish they could have talked slower.

This video really reminded me how much the Internet has influenced and overall changed our society. It's easy to forget how convenient virtually any information has become to us with the use of the Internet, and conversely, how difficult it used to be. I can't even imagine what it would be like if new information was only passed on by word of mouth. I also found it surprising that we switched to a decentralized network system mostly for the purposes of protection against attack. I assumed that it would have been a natural switch from a centralized to a more distributed network. It just seems to me that a network system that is more spread out would be much more efficient in terms of communication since messages wouldn't have to be relayed through one main point, but it's probably only obvious now because someone had already thought of that. Hindsight is 20/20!

No comments:

Post a Comment