What I found interesting about this video was how my first thought was, "Wow, this is kind of outdated. " And it was created in 2009. I think that thought alone speaks to how quickly the internet is growing and evolving. The video was basically a very quick overview about what we went over in class and honestly before class I knew zero about how the internet started or even about how computers worked. I knew that computers were huge once and for some reason I could fix my N64 by blowing into the cartridge reader and that is about it. So, it is interesting to see how the internet came from a very basic idea. I guess I never really thought about it too much, but I guess I assumed the internet was invented for the everyday man not the scholars.
By the way, I wonde

r how the forefathers the internet would feel if they knew that there are whole websites dedicated to pictures like this?
What I thought was most interesting was that the decentralized network architecture was developed in response to potential nuclear attack. It seems from that point on the networks were beginning to look a lot more like it does today and once the TCP/IP protocol was created the internet was born.
No comments:
Post a Comment