This
video was great, clean cut and straight to the point. I would usually get lost in presentations
such as this because of the use of big words and all, but because of the way it
was put together it was easy to understand and comprehend. It’s crazy to see how far the internet has
come since its beginning and how much more room it still has to grow. I remember my mother’s first computer, which
she used only to type up her reports for work.
That was pretty much the extent to what it could do. Now a days, she doesn’t even know how to turn
one on.
I did
find it amazing how we switched over to a decentralized network system in
response to possible attacks. It just
shows that the system was of high priority to us and losing it would have been
a tragedy. It may be also worth to note
that the switch, though possibly unintentional, might have made the use of the
internet faster and more efficient. I
mean, imagine if we still had to go through website the way that Professor
Kimball explained how the “gopher” system worked. Personally, I think I would be very frustrated
while attempting to navigate through some of those pages. It just shows that we have it easy today compared to when it was first
an idea on paper.
What I
am interested in learning more about is what will be next. The internet has come a long way, yet I feel
like there is still so much to grow from so it will be interesting to see what the future has in store.

No comments:
Post a Comment