Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Blog Post #3 Morris

Seeing as I had never even heard of I-dosing before this course I decided to check this out first. I looked at a few different videos, some with stationary photos, some with moving visuals, all accompanied by a soft electronic humming music that seemed very repetitive. I did not feel high after watching any of these videos, they reminded me of the visualizers one can watch on a computer screen as a background to music or as a screen saver. I think the only people who would feel an effect from any of these videos are people who are already under the influence of something. The comments below these videos were all pretty entertaining. One of the videos I watched stated it may cause seizures, this was one of the only things I found that could possibly be true, since some seizures are set off by quickly flashing lights.

After the i-dosing experience I decided to check out myspace again. Unfortunately I did not remember the password I had used for my account, yet alone the e-mail. So I was not able to access my previous account. I did however, recall how different the home page to myspace was from when I had been a member. It looked much more like a 2.0 version than it previously had. It contained many advertisements (which I assumed must had been added to keep the site up and competitive with other social networking sites).

All in all this assignment got me thinking about how certain web trends come and go through time, and that the majority of sites have expiration dates. Sites must keep up with technology advancements in order to stay competitive, hence the myspace changes. It will be interesting to check out some of our favorite sites today in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment