Sunday, February 12, 2012

Wanland: Chatroulette Post

For this blog assignment, I chose to spend some time on Chatroulette.  I have been on chatroulette once before with a few friends, but tonight was my first encounter using the site alone. I am going to be honest after the first time I used chatroulette with my friends I made a promise to myself to never go on it again because I viewed it as a waste of time....after spending about ten minutes on it-the reasons why I promised myself in the first place to not go on became very clear and now all I am left with is a broken promise ha.

The first person I chatted with was with a 22 year old.  We made the typical small talk conversation such as, where do you go to school, what's your major, etc. and then after about a two minutes the conversation was over.  I felt like I needed some way to properly excuse myself from the conversation, but the "next" button helped me out with escaping although it didn't feel right.

I feel like Chatroulette is a very informal and impersonal way for meeting people that is based on attraction.  Not to mention it is completely unfiltered (they really need to do something about that).  I personally did not enjoy my experience on Chatroulette.  I am content with meeting people face-to-face, but not through a webcam. 



No comments:

Post a Comment