For my practicum assignment I decided to be apart of a music forum. There were three different forums I was looking at, MusicBanter, which I was banned from after the first post I made for advertising, Sputnik, and MuzicForums which has about 42,000 members and seemed like the one that I would get the most out of. There is simple registration followed by creating a profile and you are able to begin using. The site covers general discussion and music, genres, lyrics, tips for musicians etc. This forum in particular has a pretty elaborate way of keeping up with statistics to show the activity of its users and also is layed out in a way that makes it pretty easy to use and know what is going on. I'm looking at becoming a more established and active member of the forum and to see if I can build some relationships within the community to give it a 'real' community feel.
DISCUSSION QUESTION
Do you think a community such as a music forum can have stimulating conversation where people are critically thinking in order to further a discussion?
No comments:
Post a Comment