Monday, February 20, 2012

Molinare: MOO Practium Post 2

Hey guys! I just realized I forgot to attach my discussion questions for this evening so I am hoping if I post them now some people will get a good look at them before class.

I did some exploring on LambdaMoo as a guest before making a character and that made me think about personal perception in relation to community. So my discussion questions for you guys are:

1. Do you think that a "lurker" someone who doesn't actively participate in the discussion, but reads what other people are posting/doing counts as a member of the online community? Think about this from an active member's point of view and from the lurker's point of view.

2. Do "newbies" need to prove or earn their place in an online community or does simply expressing a common interest give them a place among long time members.

No comments:

Post a Comment