Thursday, February 23, 2012

Wolf - Practicum Post #1

For my practicum project, I have elected to compare my music listening experience between two entities - YouTube and Last.fm. Though I haven't really used Last.fm before, I have a pretty good understanding about the pros and cons of listening to music and YouTube.

In addition to seeing how the listening experiences compare, I also plan on looking into how collaboration and feedback works at both levels. Users on both sites have the capability of posting comments to each other and about each respective song track/video on the website.

As I'm sure most of you are familiar with, this is what commenting on YouTube looks like:


And this is what it looks like on Last.fm, in the context of a forum on the website:


I plan to integrate at least one video from YouTube into my project to show how its video capabilities differentiate it from Last.fm, but I'm not sure how to approach that as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment