I've actually googled myself, I think a few years back and that was when I wasn't so active online (by this, I mean that I was on Facebook or other SNS sites, but I didn't have them all linked together as I have them now - if I would use post something on Twitter, it would automatically show up on Facebook as well). A few things that popped up when I typed in my name was a model with the same name, but there were also Facebook pages, Twitter pages, Google+ accounts, and other SNS sites that were mine, and some belonged to another "Na Rae Kim." I also found other sites such as LinkedIn, that was more business oriented, where they reviewed a Federal Project Manager by the name of Na Rae Kim. Also, there wa ssomething called Spokeo that had a list of all the Na Rae Kim's in the US - this kind of freaked me out because they mapped out where all these people were on a map, had their phone numbers as well as their specific locations. Although like the ends were ****, I think that this was a huge breach of privacy. I mean, at the end of the page, they were so specific enough to state the average income, age, and gender.
Other than that, I didn't find anything that I was specifically linked to until I looked at the image that popped up. The first four pictures were of the model, and the fifth picture was my profile picture up on Twitter. Another thing that was interesting was that the fourth line had one of my friend's picture in it as well (maybe I had posted it up at one point, maybe not).
I just find it really scary and interesting at the same time what pictures and what sites are posted up when you Google yourself - and I think that this poses a big problem in security and what you want your private group of friends to see uploaded on a massive scale.
No comments:
Post a Comment