Monday, March 26, 2012

Wanland: Copyright Post


Today many people surf the Internet and spend a lot of time online search for products that are free and for free offers and promotions.  We do this based on a large cultural assumption that everything we do online should be free.  I am guilty of believing in this assumption because I will watch episodes of Jersey Shore online and sometimes try to download a song for free.  I suppose before today I did not really think of these acts as illegal because downloading songs and movies are readily available to us and is something that we do very quickly.  However, I do understand why downloading movies, songs, books, etc. is illegal because creators and producers of these works do make any profit or receive any benefits. At the same time though, from a consumer's stand point it is frustrating that our culture is becoming a world where everything costs money. 


No comments:

Post a Comment