Monday, March 19, 2012

Wanland: Google Blog Post #4


When I googled myself online, I found my name appeared in newspaper articles, bios and articles for Wisconsin Swimming and Diving, and bios and articles for USA Swimming.  These articles and bios had accumulated over the years when I first began swimming competitively in high school.  I was surprised to see swimming pictures and even pictures that had been taken from my Facebook page.  I am not sure how a couple of my profile Facebook pages made it online since I have had my pictures blocked for almost four years now, but that further shows how anything you put on a social network site (or any site for that matter) is at risk for being made public for anyone to see.  I was also surprised at how much on my personal information was online.  Part of that is due to questionnaires I have filled out in the past pertaining to my interests, siblings, parents, etc…. but if anyone wanted to know where I lived or how old I was, they would easily have access to any of that information.

No comments:

Post a Comment