Because my name is not entirely uncommon, I had many other Adam Wolfs show up in my Google search, which was a source of both relief and disappointment; relief in the sense that potentially embarassing things I might have online are not immediately linked to me through a Google search, and disappointment in that other people with my exact name are far more relevant than me. In fact, the first link that actually concerns me when Googling my name is my Facebook page, which doesn't appear until page four.
To more effectively find information about me on Google, users would have to tack on additional phrases that directly relate to me. Fort instance, by including "University of Wisconsin" after my name, links are provided to a few articles for the Daily Cardinal. Similarly, by entering my high school's name after Googling my name, there are mostly links to some of my performances from the various cross country and track meets I participated in during that time.
I generally go out of my way to avoid being photographed, so fortunately, there doesn't appear to be any humiliating photos lingering in the a Google image search of my name.
Overall, the results were about what I expected. If I do have an increased presence on Google in the coming years, I hope it's at least for something respectable or dignified.
No comments:
Post a Comment