For this project I have been looking at online
support groups. As I mentioned before, I joined the website www.supportgroup.com. On this site there are over 200 different support groups people can join ranging from anorexia, to anxiety, and even a section for amputees. What I found in these groups (though I mainly focused on the relationship group) was amazing. People were very open about their feelings, honest about their opinions (even if their view wasn't favorable), supportive of each other, and welcoming to newcomers. I, however, felt a bit awkward getting involved at first. I just did not feel qualified in offering relationship advice. However soon I realized that nobody on the site was a therapist and that we are all in the same boat. It was actually pretty nice, and I felt like I was being pretty helpful. However, now I am curious about what you guys think about support groups. Have you guys ever offered advice in a support group? Would you be interested in joining one? Please feel free to explain why or why not.

No comments:
Post a Comment