Monday, April 30, 2012

Johnson-Blog Post #7


I tried to write down all the computerized things I did last night, and I was surprised at how much I repeated the same activities over and over again. My cycle basically consisted of checking my email, going on Facebook to check the newsfeed and my groups related to class projects, then periodically checking Twitter. I did all of these activities on my laptop, while watching TV. I even checked the TV listings on my laptop. Later I checked on a class survey on Qualtrics, then looked at the CA 346 blog page after finally readying Evan’s email. Finally, before heading to bed, I checked the weather forecast for the morning.

After looking over what I did, I realized why I struggle to be productive. I constantly am looking for something new to read or look at on my laptop. I didn’t realize all the things I was doing, or how everything centered on the use of my laptop.  I feel like now that I have an idea of what I’m actually doing, I’ll be able to better monitor my use and make sure I can still be productive. Definitely an interesting exercise.

1 comment:

  1. completely forgot to mention my cell phone.. probably because it's really just a permanent extension of my hand.

    ReplyDelete