I wanted to contribute to the website so I searched for a
recipe that was mostly my own. I posted a cookie recipe I created when I was
like 11. After posting it I felt like a complete idiot, obviously I should have
revised the recipe before I posted it because it was incomplete. Fail. I decided I’d try again, but in a
different way. I looked on the groups that I belong to and found a thread of
posts relating to smoothie recipes. I have a favorite smoothie recipe, so I
posted that in the thread. I haven’t received any replies yet, but it felt good
contributing to the website.
As far as ‘friends’ on TasteOfHome.com, I’m up to 5. We frequent
forums and groups and will comment on each other’s posts. I even received a
message from one when they accepted my friend request!
When I started this project, I didn’t really think I would
get into it, but I’m starting to appreciate the feedback from people who have
been cooking and baking much longer than I have. It’s nice to belong to a site
where the atmosphere is positive and everyone seems friendly. It's interesting to look at how people communicate on the site, especially as most of the members are on the older side of the digital divide.



Its great that you are really interacting with the people on your site! I've messaged people on mine and for some reason they do not respond, and unfortunately no one has gone out of their way to interact with me. On that note, I feel like cooking is a much more personal experience as someone sharing their own recipe is essentially the "master" of that recipe/post and it would be nice to reach out to the cook and get opinions or suggestions, or even to compliment or critique their recipe.
ReplyDeleteAlso, it is totally understandable to post something not quite right and then correct it or change it altogether. I think posting the smoothie was a great idea! Especially as we are getting closer to summer :)