As I expected tracking my computer use for an evening led to me realizing how much more than I expected that I actually use computerized devices. First I had my phone beside my all last night and was randomly using it to check twitter/ text/ and look at one of my favorite apps: the TV guide to see which shows were playing. I then began to use my computers Internet to do some research for homework, check emails and face-booking. When I finished my homework I went to my room and caught up on some shows I missed the previous week, I used hulu and ch131.com to watch these shows.
I then began to look at the less obvious ways in which I was using computerized devices, the list was endless. I was using our wireless router to access Internet all night, the cable connection to watch TV, the electronic device in our microwave to heat up some pizza, and alarm clock I set before bed to wake up, my ihome to charge my iphone. Im sure there are some devices which I have not even realized to include in this list. It is amazing how so many objects we use today are controlled via computers, I wonder how we would function today without the use of these devices. This also made me wonder how computerized devices will evolve in the future to help make daily life easier still.
No comments:
Post a Comment