Monday, April 30, 2012

Shephard - Blog 7

So, last night I kept track of every computerized thing I used. Obviously my phone and computer go without saying, but when I really sat down and though about it, it is amazing how much a person utilizes in one evening that is computerized. It was a bit of a lazy Sunday for me, so most of my day was spent on the couch watching TV. But, just in that activity the TV itself is computerized, the cable box feeding the content into the TV is computerized, and the remote used to direct the TV is computerized. I had my computer and my phone with  me (both computerized) and even the wi-fi router needed for my computer and phone is computerized. When it was time for dinner, my evening with computerized objects continued. My electric stove has a a timer in it.... computerized. And the microwave..... computerized as well. As the night continued I updated my Ipod (computerized) and listened to music on my speakers. It is amazing how nowadays almost every activity is influenced or affected by the influence of computerized items. Other things that I didn't use, but very well could have in an evening, that are computerized include video game consoles, or even the treadmill or elliptical machine at the gym. If I were a math student, I may have used a calculator for my homework. I think an interesting challenge would be to NOT use computerized objects in a evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment