Last evening, I learned that I use more electronic and
computerized devices than I expected.
My night of computerized devices began around 5:00pm when I went to Wing
Stop for dinner. In order to pay
for my meal, I swiped my debit card through an electronic register. After I placed in my order, I went to
fill up my cup with pop and did this through a touch-screen soda machine. It
amazes me every time I use this machine because it allows users to choose
different flavors for one product.
For example, if I wanted to drink Diet Coke, I would have the option of
choosing orange diet coke, grape diet coke, etc.
After Wing Stop, I then jumped into my car and drove to our
student-athlete study center at Camp Randall. In my short 5-minute car ride to Camp Randall, I plugged in
my I-pod so I could listen to the music on my newly created playlist opposed to
music from the radio. Once I
arrived at the study center, our team has a rule that we need to put in 8 hours
of studying a week so in order to let my coach’s know I was studying, I swiped
my student id card through a register in which my number was then processed
through a computer. The majority
of my studying took place on my laptop and after I completed writing a short
paper for my English class, I then swiped my student id card again to plug in
my hours.
When I returned to my apartment, I went straight to my room,
played a couple games on my I-phone and then set my alarm clock (which is my I-phone) to wake up in the morning.
It really does amaze me how dependent our society is on computerized
and electronic devices. I am
curious to experience how much our society is going to change in the future
because I really cannot imagine how much more high-tech our society can become.
No comments:
Post a Comment