Monday, April 16, 2012

Na Rae Kim Blog Post #6: YouTube and Hulu

I've always used YouTube and Hulu extensively, but for different reasons. I first used YouTube exclusively to find different television shows and clips, but I think that changed a lot as a lot of things on YouTube are not copyrighted and taken off.

I decided to watch a recent episode of South Park on YouTube, and all I could find was short clips of South Park. It was annoying that whenever I clicked on a clip that said it was a "full episode," it would only be a link to another website outside of YouTube that asked me to take some survey. But, it was suprising and fun to find not only short clips of South Park, but also some clips made by fans. Going through clips on YouTube, I found myself just going from video to video (looking at the "related clips"). They were all short and there was a lot of clips so even if there were ones that were just ridiculous, it kind of evened itself out.

Although I don't like Hulu because of all the advertisements, I end up using it a lot because it has a lot of full TV episodes like SNL or Glee that I can watch directly off the site, instead of having to go to separate broadcasting sites to watch the full episode. But, for South Park, I was actually redirected to the South Park homepage to be able to watch the full episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment