For this project, I had to focus on Minority Groups and how they interact on the web differently than the "normal" user. After searching for hours, I ran chose to interact on the site, Brown Pride Forums. I chose this group because I felt that this is one that I could really interact and feel a sense of belonging.
Since I can speak and write Spanish pretty well, becoming a part of the community has been a pretty easy transition. What does trip me out is that most of the people on this forum speak Spanglish. Spanglish is when you jump back and forth between Spanish and English every other word at times.
So far, I have played the role where I contradict people and their post. I know, not a great idea right? Except before I just go against the people's post, I research the topic and try my best to persuade them to believe that I really know what I am talking about. It's been going pretty good so far, some argue with me while others begin to go deeper into conversation with me about the topic and try to persuade me to change my train of thought.
I'm looking forward to posting something soon and seeing what everyone will have to say about my topic (which I have not thought about yet).

No comments:
Post a Comment