Keep track of every computerized thing you use in an evening
In general, I noticed one major pattern in my computerized use in one evening. I don't use as many computerized things compared to how long I use the specific ones I do use. Obviously, my laptop computer was the device I used most for anything from homework to entertainment. In one notable instance, I was watching "TV" on my actual television but while it was connected to my laptop which was streaming Toddlers & Tiaras. Of course while watching this great reality show, I was casually texting on my very-much computerized phone. I was using it for the usual texts, calls, and internet. After some TV/computer, I popped some food in my microwave. Besides these very normal and mundane occurrences of computerized use, I did not find any other instances where I was using these kinds of devices. My Sunday night habits probably aren't conducive to documenting much computerized use, but it certainly makes me think twice about how often I am wired to some computer at least several times every day.
It's really interesting that you noticed there was a difference between the number of computerized things you use versus the duration for which you use them. When I think about that, I do the same thing! It'd be interesting to try not to use a certain device for an entire day just to see exactly how dependent we really are.
ReplyDelete