Since my last blog post, I have finally taken control into my own hands and chose to stop receiving e-mails from Digg. I feel as though I do not need to know who is following me anymore. Another thing I have noticed about Digg unfortunately is that their front page repeats news stories. I have not noticed this until recently but:
And upon closer look I realize that it is the ones that are sponsored by companies. Add this to the list of reasons I prefer reddit over Digg. Whereas Digg has multiple sponsored links throughout their first page that repeat stories making it seem less up-to-date, reddit has one sponsored link at the top of the page:
and then does not have any advertisements throughout their home page. Although these are minute details, they are the make-or-breakers for these websites. I have saved and shared much more information from reddit than Digg and, again, have noticed how stories that I saw on reddit yesterday are on Digg today. If I want new, fresh, funny and relevant information, reddit is still my instinct.
Until next time


Twitter has started to do that for me as well in the recent months. They will post advertisements of companies trying to reach out in my feed. It's not the worst thing in the world, all I have to do is X them out to dismiss them from my feed. It's almost like clicking the ads away on youtube videos people watch. Just another nuance of social platforms I guess....
ReplyDelete