So far I've already done most of the work I'll need to do for my project so I'll just recap. I've been playing the MMORPG Runescape for the last few months, the first month or so just being to try and get a feel for the game and how it works again. I used to play the game in middle school so I still knew a bit about it.
After about two weeks of wandering around in the medieval-like world doing very mundane activities, like chopping wood and mining, I started getting into it. I began taking notes on how the players around me would interact. It became pretty obvious, very quickly that the majority of people would talk much differently to a level 3 compared to a level 138. I made a new character so that I could compare the social interactions of a level 3 and the character I already had from middle school, a level 80. The interactions were clearly different but I wanted to make it even more extreme, so I borrowed a character from a friend, a level 117 who was also a player moderator. I'll put my results in a post later when they're more organized.
No comments:
Post a Comment