Monday, April 16, 2012

YouTube v. Hulu - Sarah Solso

I watched a clip from the Cochella on YouTube and an E! New clips on Hulu. I have used both Hulu and YouTube in the past and find that while hulu offers better quality videos, it is very limited. YouTube gives me free reign to search whatever, whenever I want and since everyone has the ability to put videos up there is a greater variety. Hulu however is a great place to go when I am looking to watch an episode of Saturday Night Live or even just a popular clip from one of the more popular television channels. I prefer youtube for more self-made videos like the one I watched from Cochella. At a concert venue that is not being publicly broadcasted on TV youtube allows me to hear the music and in a small way, feel as though i shared in the same experience as those who attended live. YouTube also allows for more personality that Hulu, you know that time spent on youtube will have you arriving on two cats cuddling or a banned music video. I think that my reasons for going on Youtube and hulu are both different and not easily comparable. If I want a sitcom that I missed, then I am more likely to punch in hulu, but if I am looking for a newly released song, youtube is definitely my first stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment