For as
long as I can remember I have been using YouTube. I remember a friend telling me once to not go
to Hulu because they show too many commercials and they charge for their services. After finally going to the website today, I
must say that my friend was completely wrong!
Hulu was awesome and it only took me about 10 minutes to decide
so.
I saw
many differences between Hulu and YouTube, but for the sake of space I am going
to focus on one clip I watched in particular.
When I logged on to Hulu’s homepage, I noticed that it is definitely catered
to watching movies and shows. It doesn’t
show a music section and it looks more organized than YouTube. I saw that this past weekend’s SNL skit was
on its list of “popular clips,” so I decided to watch that clip on both
sites.
To
begin, Hulu had a longer piece of advertisement at the beginning. It literally showed an entire commercial
before the clip began. On YouTube, I was
able to skip through the commercial after about 10 seconds. In general, the major difference was that
Hulu showed the entire SNL clip while YouTube only showed about a minute of
it. Also, I had to go through 3 or 4
clips before I found the actual SNL clip on YouTube. The previous ones I had clicked were taken
down by YouTube because of copyright laws.
Let’s just say that I was very disappointed in YouTube after the fact. Hulu also had the video streaming in better
quality. It was almost HD, as opposed to
YouTube where the scene looked a little blurry.
What I got from this experience was
that Hulu may have actual rights to these movies and TV shows, while YouTube is
somewhere where users can log on an upload the clips themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment