Wikipedia contribution
I started preparing for this post by searching Wikipedia for
“Taste of Home” and “Specialized Information Community.” The entry for Taste of
Home was specific to the magazine and did not mention anything to do with the
website or its forums. When I searched for “Specialized Information Community,”
the only relevant results were for “specialized information communities.” I
thought it was interesting the two search terms didn’t overlap, but when I
searched more in depth I realized that was because “specialized information
communities” was part of a completely different page altogether, the “Virtual Community”
page.
I signed up for Wikipedia and decided to edit the “Virtual Community”
page. I added a “specialized information communities” section to the section
titled “types of virtual communities.” I added the basics about specialized
information communities and used my experiences with TasteOfHome.com to
exemplify my points.
I thought this page was interesting in general because at
the top of the page was a disclaimer that gave me the impression that this page
may have been created as part of someone’s class project.
I’m hoping that my contribution will stick, but I’ll wait
until tomorrow to see what happens.



What a great idea for how to post on Wikipedia. I have been trying to find online support groups on wikipedia but the closest I have been able to find is just the support group page. I'm going to contribute by adding to the online support group section of that page too-great idea again!
ReplyDelete