Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Molinare Practicum Post 7

Wikipedia Update

I have never updated a Wikipedia page before so I was curious as to how it worked.  I chose to edit the LambdaMoo Wikipedia page because this was the MOO that I have been working with all semester and I didn't want to over generalize by editing the MOO Wikipedia page. 

Editing a page is a bit trickier than I thought.  Accessing the "Edit" window was easy enough, but editing the page has a lot of html laced throughout it so it takes a bit to figure out how to navigate it.  But, after a bit of reading I was able to figure out how to add my own section.  I chose to add a "joining" section because I thought that this was an important aspect of the Wikipage that was missing.  Here is the website before my post.

 And after!


It was rewarding to see my typed word up on the Wikipedia page.  Not that I think a lot of people would view this page, but maybe some future student in the class will and I thought that was kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment