Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodman: Practicum post #3

Today I had my first experience tweeting from a conference. Earlier this week, I signed up to help live-tweet from the UW SJMC ethics and elections conference. I spent about 3 hours using twitter and the hashtag #UWethics tweeting to anyone following the hashtag about what has happening at the conference.

As a journalism major, I really enjoyed doing this. By using the #UWethics hashtag, my tweets were exposed to a very different audience for a very different purpose than any other time I have used Twitter. I was receiving feedback and replies from other bloggers and those who gave speeches. To interact through social media with such influential people in their specialized field was a fantastic learning experience.

It was great to use Twitter in a fast-paced professional environment and valuable experience that I won't soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment