Monday, April 16, 2012

Goodman: Youtube vs. Hulu

For today's blog assignment, I watched a Family Guy clip on both Youtube and Hulu. After watching both clips, it is obvious to see the differences between these two web services.

The clip I watched on Youtube had decent quality. You could tell it was uploaded by a fan and not someone who actually works with the television network by the username they uploaded the video on. The clip was short, but was just what the title of the video described. As well, the user also posed a comment on the video asking those who watched the clip to subscribe to his Youtube channel.

On Hulu, I first had to watch an advertisement before I began to watch the clip I wanted to. But, on Hulu, the quality of the video was HD and ran perfectly. As well, you could tell the clip was cut perfectly to show just what Hulu described it would show and had the entire segment of the joke they were highlighting.

After viewing both websites, Hulu feels like it is being run more professionally while Youtube is largely based around user-generated content. Almost every video oh Hulu requires you to watch an ad before you watch the clip while thats only the case with a select group of Youtube vids. If I was looking for a television clip though, I would first start on Hulu just because of the consistency in quality of the videos and then go to Youtube.

No comments:

Post a Comment