My presentation on Vimeo is this afternoon. Here are some questions for discussion:
1) Do you use Vimeo? Do you prefer it to YouTube or other video sharing sites?
2) What other sites do you use to share media? What's the appeal for you?
3) Vimeo hardly has any advertising. How do you think this business makes money?
The HD quality for vimeo is a lot cooler than a lot of other video sites in my opinion. I don't know what it is about it, maybe the layout and less clutter like suggested videos and such. I really like watching skateboarding videos on it for the quality reason. Also it has a lot of cool user created music videos, which is sometimes a cool alternative to the actual video. There is also this really cool interview series kind thing called the Red Bull Music Academy, in depth discussions with various musicians. I'd recommend if you want to learn more about an artist.
ReplyDelete