Thursday, April 12, 2012
Practicum Post #3 Plzak
In continuing my research on supportgroup.com, I was really happy to see this message. It says "Just wanting to welcome all the new people just joining. Wonderful site here. Jump right in :)" I know, like I mentioned before, that it was pretty uncomfortable for me to just get posting and messages like this must be pretty nice for people who are really needing some support but don't know what to do. I wonder if anyone felt more accepted from this message...or even if the poster of the message just felt like they were being more supportive by posting it. I know I personally feel better about myself when I am helpful to others, and I get the feeling computedangel may be feeling the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It can be weird going on a site like this, probably out of your comfort zone, and it's nice to know that, even if it is for an assignment, if you needed to use these sites there would be support and people do take it seriously. I wonder if just by encouraging others the site is more conducive to therapy rather than actually talking about their problems themselves. It's an interesting thought.
ReplyDelete