In case anyone is interested... here is the link. Its really a cute vid, especially if you like cats.
Anyways, as I wait for that to be approved and hopefully liked, shared, commented on, I want to talk about how welcoming and warm the people on this site are. There is an entire discussion thread under the "Talk Yoga" tab, dedicated to new members called "Member Introductions"
Here new members can introduce themselves and say a few things about really whatever they want. But, it is usually yoga related as this is a yoga site. People (especially Marina) can comment and welcome new members to the community. I can say from experience, as I posted a new member introduction, that it is a really encouraging to have a section devoted to the new members. I felt like the people on the site were interested in me as a yogi and enjoy their community growing larger and gaining more members.
One member introduction (although semi long ago) even came from a yogi in BULGARIA!! It really shows how physical proximity really doesn't mean anything for the members of the community.
While I have not made any close friends, or anyone I really relate to in a more personal or emotional way, I absolutely feel a connection to the members of this site. Everyone seems open and honest about their level of yoga practice and I trust opinions and suggestions put forth by the others on this site. I look forward to seeing how they react to my video!!! Until the update in the next post... Namaste.



I think that sites that are serious with creating a certain kind of community almost always has moderators and encourages introductions between their members. Although the site itself is based on social networking, I think that it's interesting when comparing it to Facebook because it's all about making new friends. Is there any penalty if you do upload something offensive? I'm interested to know what they would look to screen - if its just limited to yoga content or if they screen obscenity.
ReplyDeleteThe cat video is really cool by the way:)